Sunday, August 2, 2009

11.5:Thing 8, part 1

Oooooo...I see big potential with jing. Even if I do have to download it. (I trust the TechSmith folks and I'm big on brand loyalty...LOL) I'm going to use it to do my orientation presentation this year. Instead of trying to herd the masses into the library to do orientations I've decided to instead shoot an infomercial, I mean, orientation presentation to send out and post to our site. Sue Waters's blog post about how to do a better job of screencasting has answered several of my concerns. I have the orientation worked out on paper (I'm still one of THOSE people that like to sketch things out, like a storyboard. I still write grocery lists. Yeah.) and all I need to do is shoot the video once I go back on duty. The screencasting is ready to go but I want to record the audio at work. I'm very excited about this project. I've wanted to do it for a long time but I feel I didn't have enough skills to pull it off...I'm almost there!

No comments: