Monday, August 3, 2009

11.5: Thing 10

Second Life. Hmmmmm. It was super easy to become "Jacquelyn Sapphire" - but here's the deal. I'm just as shy in Second Life as I am in First Life! I don't want to visit with anyone. And note to sketchy guy that kept asking me my name...I heard you. I just want to play and walk around and look at stuff and fly if I want to. Can I be there incognito?? LOL

Now, to discuss the use of Second Life by children. I can totally see where geeky, shy kids would feel free to become someone else. Or abused kids could escape. Or maybe children with very few physical possessions could dream. And achieve. Kind of what books did for me when I was a geeky, shy kid. I browsed through some of the kid-friendly sites - they're pretty sophisicated! I think their screen time should be limited, though. It's just like some of the WOW addicts - they actually LIVE there because they find more success there. That's sad.

1 comment:

VWB said...

Sorry...I'm still trying to wrap my head around you as "shy"!!