Friday, July 24, 2009

11.5: Thing 5

GREAT ideas for backchanneling during conferences. Especially the idea of having a friend monitor the chat so it doesn't get out of hand like the sxsw 08 interview of facebook's boy genius by Saray Lacey....I would've just died. And the transcripts can be archived so the feedback is immediate - you don't have to wait for those pesky eval forms. I like the idea of their eyes being on their screens instead of me (during presentations)...I don't like the attention as it is so I certainly wouldn't mind keyboard tapping as long as they weren't looking at me! As for a classroom, I think you would have to BIG TIME set boundaries at the beginning. Otherwise, they would be all over the place in their comments. I'm just as guilty!
As far as Twitter goes, I'm still not quite ready to share my every move with anyone yet - I like being under the radar...LOL Seriously, my Facebook account has been a HUGE step for me...and I go through little spurts of being super visible to leaving the country for two weeks and not touching a computer....I know! I'm a baaaaad girl.
Maybe I'll start tweeting. Arghhhhh.

No comments: