Tuesday, March 18, 2008

THING 23 - Good Night, Gracie

It's not the end - it's the beginning, right? I learned SO MUCH. I'm slowly but surely getting over the overwhelmed feeling. I don't have to do it all! I just need to be open to doing it all. It won't all work for me but I have to remember our students are living it. Right now. Social networking is EVERYTHING to them and we had better jump in or we're going to miss the chance to make an impact. I am walking away (see me? My Avatar does have on sensible heels, even though they are cute) with a considerable amount of new info to process. I need to figure out how to weave these tools into my life. I'm optimistic. But I have to give myself a break if I don't take to some of these environments immediately or easily like I'm used to doing. I have to remember way back to Super Mario Brothers. I could not get past that stupid 2nd level but my 1st grader could. That really still drives me insane. I'm not good at most video games - only the racing games. But I still want a wii...

And at least I know how to hook up a data projector...so there! HA!!

2 comments:

VWB said...

Congratulations on completing all the Things...I agree that is is going to take a bit to absorb it all!

Please got back and answer the specific questions included in #23..we need them for our assessment! Thanks!

Terry said...

Congratulations! I had to give myself permission to not 'get' it all but just know it's all there. And what the possibilities might be...