Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thing 22 - Ninging it

Ninging it. MUCH better than that atrocious MySpace thing I got sucked into by my college-aged children who insisted I have a page of my own. NEVER got into that scene. But I did get to peek in on their pages so it wasn't a total loss. Found out that my daughter liked to quote me on her MySpace page. Cute, you say?? Nope. She wasn't citing my quips of maternal knowledge and wisdom. Noooooo. She was telling the bajillion people that visit her page about the FUNNY things Mom said and DID - in detail. And NO I'm not going to tell you how to get to her page. But back to the task at hand. Ning. Like I said, MUCH better. Very low CREEPY factor. I hadn't set paramters on my now-removed MySpace page so I regularly got, shall we say, invitations to share my space. No thank you. But with a ning - I'm in a specific circle of "friends" - explored the Librarian nings and then a golf ning and now I'm thinking I'll start a ning of my own. Subject to be determined at a later date. I could see using a ning for a specific school project - like an inter-disciplinary project. It's a bit more cool than just a wiki or a blog, you know? :)

No comments: