Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thing 21 - Podcasting

In case you've been in a coma for last year, I guess you know how HOT vampire books are with the teens and adults alike. Steph Meyer started it - and now girl-falls-for-werewolf, boy-gets-the-vampire genre is exploding. We can't forget Buffy, though - she did for TV what Bella has done for reading. Anyways, there are so many people out there wanting to tell a story and I ran across it looking for new vampire writers. The author reads it herself - and for free. Smart marketing move? But BEWARE - it's a tad bit on the adult side. OK, more than a tad. But perhaps this will be one you could recommend to the older students and not necessarily put it on the shelf? We'll see...it's Forever Fifteen by Kimberley Steele

http://www.mediafly.com/Podcasts/Episodes/Chapter_1_Lucy_Gets_a_Detention

I've done a couple of podcasts of my own but I still can't get past hearing my own voice. It's creepy. Next move will be to coax a student into doing one for me...

No comments: