Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thing 9

And so I finally set up RSS feeds for some grown-up topics like my work and our government. It was time. I've procrastinated long enough. I am totally on board for the whole thing - but quite honestly, I tend to bite off more than I can chew so I have avoided "signing up" for too many RSS feeds. So the beginning of my "circle" was well chosen I think. So with Thing 9, I learned how to search blogs to find the ones I want to take the time to read. I'm so glad that the orange feedicon is usually present - it makes it so much easier to find the orange box and click it. Sidenote: I still am a terrible commentator - I think that's the term - or would it be commentor? Whatever. In other words, I'm bad about commenting on other people's blogs. And I know everyone wants feedback. I'm working on it. I'm just overwhelmed I think. OK, back to the task at hand. I think the easiest search tool for me is feedster. It's more of a one-stop shop for me and that tickles me pink. The categories save me time - when I want news, I want news and not someone's thoughts on the news.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Or is it commenter? Anyway, I agree about the overwhelmed and wary of too many RSS feeds. It's an area I'll have to investigate more, later.