Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Bookr, Dan O.... couldn't help myself...

Bookr. Another one of those free products that makes me wonder over and over again...who are these people and when do they have all of this free time to come up with these cool tools... for FREE??? Whomever they are...I LOVE them. I could see using Bookr's book format instead of powerpoint or photostory. I have to confess, though. I "cheated" and clicked on the index menu on the right so I didn't have to manually turn the pages. That option would thrill younger audiences, I'm sure. I noticed that pim pam pum takes donatons - I hope they get some $$$ so they can keep creating cool tools like this one!

3 comments:

VWB said...

is there one in particular that stood out to you that you would like to share here?

nancym said...

I had to check out not another pretty face. I like what you said about your library. I teach science 5th grade and am pondering if some spiff is in order in my room/lab. The students have been very successful without any pizazz but I think I'm ready to add something to my messy but sterile environment. I feel since I've gotten materials under control I might just try. How does one go about determining how to make their place not just another pretty place? Where should I start?

Tiger Lilly said...

Great question - my main goal has been to design clever but tastefully decorated (and comfortable) areas for my high school students to work. So when you first walk in, you think "pretty" but hopefully, you see that we're "not just another pretty place"...hence the play on words. I've used LOTS of color - and I think that's what you could start with quite easily. Start with one wall and paint it that green that's hot - the one that's on the lime side. And then maybe paint a science quote on it in red or bright blue. Let your students vote on the quote - they'll love that! But don't pick something archaic - heck, I have a reading quote by Grace Slick in my library :) Good luck!